Caris Life Sciences
Champions Oncology is the exclusive distributor for Caris Molecular Intelligence® (CMI) in the United Kingdom. We specialize in molecular profiling of each tumor in order to identify which treatment would be the most effective against a patients specific type of cancer.
Caris Molecular Intelligence uses multiple tumour profiling technologies to identify explicit genomic and proteomic aberrations and better understand the biology driving tumour growth.
- Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS): rapidly examines and more broadly detects somatic point mutations, small insertions and deletions, copy number alterations, gene fusions, as well as genomic signatures, including microsatellite instability (MSI) and tumour mutational burden (TMB).
- Pyro Sequencing (PyroSeq): detects and quantifies mutations, methylation, etc., through sequencing by synthesis
- Fragment Analysis (FA/Frag. Analysis): detects changes in DNA or RNA to indicate the presence or absence of a genetic marker; useful in limited tissue situations, i.e. lung cancer
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR): quickly amplifies copies of a specific region of DNA or RNA for analysis
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC): determines level of protein expression
- in situ Hybridization: detects gene deletions, amplifications, translocations and fusions
- Microdissection: Tumour enrichment to increase and isolate a larger portion of cancer cells and improve the chances for successful testing from small tumour samples
The tumor’s information is compared with an exhaustive review of literature from thousands of the world’s leading cancer researchers, matching biomarkers to the treatments with the most clinical benefit.