Comparison of gene expression analysis of patients’ head and neck cancer and Champions TumorGraft™ by microarray expression analysis. 30,000 genes analyzed. Pearson correlation: 94% correlation between cancer gene expression in TG and original tumor. Substantially poorer relationship (20%) when gene expression from cell lines or late passage xenografts compared to primary tumors4.
Champions TumorGrafts™ provide a highly focused, accelerated translational platform. This predictive platform is based upon the implantation of primary human tumors in immune-deficient mice followed by propagation of the resulting low-passage Champions TumorGrafts™ in a manner that preserves the biological characteristics of the original human tumor.
Histologic and molecular studies have shown that Champions TumorGraft™ models:
- Maintain the fundamental genotypic and phenotypic features of the original tumor including cancer stem cells and stroma
- Represent the genetic heterogeneity of cancer
- Predict the effectiveness of oncology drugs in patients
- Allow for the identification of highly responsive patient populations
- Do not change genetically over multiple passages
- Correlate genetically with the original patient tumor
- Exhibit consistent growth and response to standard agents